Invest in Your Future Success
A Professional Portfolio
To advance in the nursing profession, regardless of the setting, you need to present your experience, talent and qualifications in the most positive light.
Developing your Portfolio enables you to present the image of the professional nurse that you are and allows you to take advantage of the opportunities that await you.
What is a Portfolio?
A convenient system to tell the story of your career which includes but is not limited to the following:
- A current resume and curriculum vitae, hard copies and on diskette
- Credentials and licenses
- Honors, awards and educational certificates
- Materials of professional organizations to which you belong
- Materials of community programs and services in which you have participated
- Newsletters, news clips and newspaper editorials in which you are mentioned or quoted
- Published articles
- Letters of appreciation
- Letters of recommendation and references
- Business cards of contacts
Scan all of the information and keep it in folders on your computer and/or USB drive.
This is a storehouse of historical information about the professional you. A portfolio is the perfect place to save and remember your career benchmarks, accomplishments and important events.